Snapshots

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Man It's Been A While! But I Can't Let This Day Go Unwritten!!!

So how many exciting things do I have to list off? I mean, take away the fact that I am Finally Officially in my 3rd Trimester. (One friend has said that it seems I will just be pregnant for ever and ever. Lol!) We could even skip all the details about my back pain and how I am finally finding ways to cope with it. Let's even skip details about the EPICNESS of the 50th Anniversary Episode Day of the Doctor. I won't bore you with what a fan girl I am and how sad the extent of my conversion to this fan club is. Facebook has seen enough of that. 

   Instead, let us concentrate on the fact that MY SISTER HAD HER BABY TODAY!!!!!!! Aiden James came into this world at 10:39am and he weighed 7 lb 3oz. 
   I wasn't there in person, but I woke up every couple hours last night checking my phone for updates and not wanting to miss a thing. Hope was miserable and in pain, went to the hospital yesterday evening and didn't think she would have the baby then. Well, a night in the hospital and here he is! 
   I think so far I have announced it to everyone that will listen, including the cashier at Dillons. I can't wait to meet him, this little human that will someday be a man. It's crazy when you look at a baby, and then you look at an adult, and you look back at the baby and think, "You grow into that? But you're just so tiny!" Today has made me think about how I can't wait to meet my own little gentleman. It will be an honor to meet the soul that God has entrusted us to teach and to raise. (He kicks me a lot, but we'll just have to teach him how to not beat woman once he's out. ;D )

   Thanksgiving will just be my main distraction until we can finally hit the road for Nevada and go see my nephew. Today I bought a beautiful 20 lb turkey. I am so excited. I love baking turkeys. They just become so delicious. But alas, I will only make them for special occasions. There are only two ways I cook a turkey. One is deep frying, and yes when done properly that is a delicious way of presenting this bird. My personal favorite, however, takes days of prep, and hours upon hours of work. So while the end result is the best bird in the whole wide world, I do not cook it very often. I tend to add steps every time I cook it, adding more layers to the flavor. It's really quite terrifying but I can't think of anything I have more fun doing than cooking. Wait, shopping. Shopping is on a whole different level. 

   Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be thankful today for little babies, and the fact that once upon a time you too were cute beyond imagination. (And still are! Psh!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment